SurveySite developed a list of 40 factors that had the most potential impact on the repeat visit rate.
From this analysis, a final survey with 12 questions was developed.
- Content correlated highest (74%) with the likelihood to make a repeat visit to a site. The main reason for deciding not to revisit a site was ‘frivolous content’.
- The second most important factor is enjoyability of the site (71%): either providing a novel experience or entertainment, or an interesting interface etc.
- The third most important factor was the quality of the organization, or layout (68%)
- The and fourth most important factor was the degree of uniqueness (66%). Many respondents indicated they would
not return to a site because it was ‘like all the rest’.
- Some 64% of respondents rated ease of finding information or content as important,
- Followed by whether visitors thought their visit was ‘exciting’ (61%),
- Visually attractive (58%),
- Easy to navigate (54%),
- And the speed at which they could move around a site (53%).
Quality of graphics was not an important consideration when compared to